Frequently asked questions
Can I request specific denominations?
You will not be able to choose denominations when placing an online order.
Is there a minimum or maximum amount of currency I can order online?
The minimum online order is the total amount of AUD $500 and the maximum total order value, including any 1 or more currencies, is the equivalent of AUD $9500 over a 24-hour period and a maximum aggregate value of AUD $20,000 over a rolling 21-day period. For any amount below AUD $500 and above AUD $9500, please visit us in-store to purchase the currency.
Our online ordering system may round your requested foreign currency value up to the nearest whole figure. This will be displayed clearly on the ordering page for you to see, before you confirm your order.
Do I need to present my ID when I buy or sell foreign currency at Xc Exchange?
YES. Regardless of the amount, you will be required to present your original and valid Driver Licence (Australian licences only) or Passport (Australian or Foreign).
For online order pick-up, you will need to present the original copy of the same ID you used to put the order.
Accepted Photo ID
A valid passport issued by Commonwealth or by a foreign government for the purpose of international travel that:
- Contains a photograph and signature of the customer in whose name of the document is issued;
- Contains English language
- A valid driver licence issued under a law of a State or Territory or equivalent authority of a foreign country for the purpose of driving a vehicle that contains a photograph of the customer in whose name the document is issued, such as learner permit and boat/marine licence.
- A card issued under a law of a State or Territory for the purpose of proving the person’s age which contains a photograph of the person in whose name the document is issued, such as PROOF OF AGE card.
A national identity card issued for the purpose of identification that:
- Contains a photograph and the signature of the person whose name the document is issued;
- Is issued by a foreign government, the United Nations or an agency of the United Nations; and
- Is written in English.
- A valid passport issued by Commonwealth or by a foreign government for the purpose of international travel that:
Are there restrictions on the amount of currency I can take into a country?
Most countries will require the declaration of large values of currency being taken in by arriving passengers whilst a few countries may impose restrictions on how much a passenger may carry into their country . There is a distinct difference between the requirement to declare on entry and a currency restriction.
If you are in doubt, we suggest that you seek advice from an official government website, embassy or consulate of the country or countries you may be visiting before placing your order.
I’ve found a better rate somewhere else – will you match it?
Only everyday of the week! With our Best Rate Guarantee, we guarantee to beat any Australian competitor’s rate on any foreign currency we trade. If we don’t give you the best deal, we’ll give you AUD $500 *
*Best Rate Guarantee T&Cs apply.
What if I need my foreign currency sooner than available pick-up date?
You can ring us to see if we have it available in-store.
Do you charge any fees for foreign currency transactions?
What is POLi?
POLi is an online payment option which facilitates a Pay Anyone internet banking payment from your bank account to a merchant. POLi Payments is a business of Australia Post.
Is POLi secure?
Yes, POLi places a lot of importance on the security of its software. We never capture sensitive information such as user name or password. We undertake regular security reviews to ensure that we meet all modern security standards.
How many currencies do you exchange?
We offer the most competitive rates for the following 46 currencies. If you couldn’t find the currency you need in this list, please give us a bell, we might have it in-store.
- United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED)
- Brazilian Real (BRL)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Chile Peso (CLP)
- Chinese Yuan (CNY)
- Czech Koruna (CZK)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Egyptian Pount (EGP)
- Euro (EUR)
- Fiji Dollar (FJD)
- British Pound (GBP)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Croatian Kuna (HRK)
- Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Indonesian Rupian (IDR)
- Jordan Dinar (JOD)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Kuwaiti Dinar (KWD)
- Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
- Morocco Dirhams (MAD)
- Mauritius Rupee (MUR)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Omani Rial (OMR)
- Papua New Guinean Kina (PGK)
- Philippine Peso (PHP)
- Polish Zloty (PLN)
- Qatari Rial (QAR)
- Russian Ruble (RUB)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- Tongan Pa’anga (TOP)
- Turkish Lira (TRY)
- New Taiwan Dollar (TWD)
- US Dollar (USD)
- Vietnamese Dong (VND)
- Vanuatu Vatu (VUV)
- Samoan Tala (WST)
- Central French Pacific Franc (XPF)