|Bank notes:||$2, $5, $10, $50, $100|
|Coins:||5 cents, 10 cents, 20 cents, 50 cents, $1|
|Three-course meal for 2, mid-range restaurant||60 Dollar|
|One-way ticket for local transport||1.7 Dollar|
|Bottle of water||1.4 Dollar|
Some tips to be ready!
1. Indulge in street food rather than luxurious restaurants. Not only will it save you money, but it also offers you a more authentic experience of Singaporean cuisine. Eat where the locals eat and you will experience the most genuine taste that Singapore has to offer.
2. If you plan on seeing a lot of the countries attractions, consider buying the Singapore Tourist Pass (STP) for unlimited access to Singaporean public transport. Public transport in Singapore is internationally renowned for being extremely efficient, safe and easy to use; so it is a must-have for travelling.
3. Dress appropriately for the weather. Singapore is a tropical country whose climate stays hot and humid all-year round. (about 26 - 34 degrees Celsius) Plan any outdoor activities for early morning or later evenings and remember to bring a raincoat or umbrella; as the weather can go from immense sunshine to torrential showers in a few minutes!
4. Be prepared for high price tags. Singapore is globally ranked as one of the most expensive cities in the world, especially in comparison to its Southeast Asian neighbors who boast significantly cheaper goods. However, the cleanliness, technological advancement and small size of the country still makes singapore a very convenient and worthwhile place to travel to.
5. Know the rules and regulations of the city. Singapore has very strict littering and smoking laws as well as high taxes on alcohol and tobacco; so partying is quite expensive. Make sure you are well aware of what you are doing as you may be fined for doing something that you didn’t even know was illegal!